How Does Chess Benefit Children?
- The game of chess helps young people learn to concentrate, think logically, overcome obstacles, spot patterns and categorize information.
- It helps with the development of problem-solving skills, planning, patience, focus of thought and self-discipline.
- Chess is a competitive activity, but , good sportsmanship and fair play are taught as essential elements of the game.
- Chess is a one-against-one activity, however, teamwork is also an important element. This element comes into play when Club members must practice and work on problems together.
- Everyone has a chance to contribute to the team in tournament play as chess clubs may enter a many players as they wish and various skill-levels or age-based sections are generally available.
- A scholastic chess club provides a challenge for students while helping build confidence and self-esteem. It offers a combination of educational and social activity.
Leave a Reply