The Epiphany School
Hosts Chess Tournament
Nov. 6, 2016
12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Onsite registrations: 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Announcements and Player Check-In: 12:00-12:30 p.m.
Rounds begin at 12:30 p.m.
141 East 28th Street New York, NY 10016. Located on 28th Street, between 3rd Avenue and Lexington. (Upper School Campus – Gym)
Open to ALL SCHOOLS
ALL Chess Players Grades K – 8th
Challengers and Championship Sections for ALL Chess Players Grades K-12
Parent supervision is required.
- Trophies for Top 10 players in each Section, with medals to all other participants!
- *1st Place Winner of the Championship Section will win one free ticket to visit the World Chess Championship Match in New York (Nov. 2016). *For Championship Section, in case of a tie for 1st Place, the tie-breaker will be a play-off, only 1 WCCM ticket will be awarded to a 1st Place winner based on this tie-break.
Chess sets will be provided. Please bring your chess clock if you have one.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Swiss System. All Sections are Rated. Sections may be combined.
USCF membership is mandatory. Membership sign-up is available onsite.
TOURNAMENT SECTIONS and SCHEDULE:
- Announcements and Player Check-In: 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Rounds begin at 12:30 p.m.
- K-1 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- 2-4 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- 5-8 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- Challengers K-12; Minimum rating 900+: 12:30 p.m – 5:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 6:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; Game 55; 5 sec delay
- Championship K-12; Minimum rating 1300+: 12:30 p.m – 5:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 6:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; Game 55; 5 sec delay
Contact/Tournament Organizer: Beatriz Marinello; Email: INFO@chesseducators.com; Phone: 917-553-4522
- Free entry for players USCF rated 1500 and above. Send email to: email@example.com for rating confirmation, eligibility and registration.
All other players:
- $40 if received by Nov. 5, 2016 until 9pm day before the tournament.
- $60 On Site Registration (Closes 15 min, before the start of Round 1)
Registration & Payment:
For More Information Contact: Beatriz Marinello (917)553-4522 or INFO@Chesseducators.com
For more information about The Epiphany School please visit www.theepiphanyschool.org.