The Epiphany School
Hosts Chess Tournament
March 12, 2017
12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Location: 141 East 28th Street New York, NY 10016.
Located on 28th Street, between 3rd Avenue and Lexington. (Upper School Campus Gym)
Open to ALL SCHOOLS
ALL Chess Players Grades K – 8th
Challengers and Championship Sections for ALL Chess Players Grades K-12
Parent supervision is required.
- Trophies for Top 10 players in each Section, with medals to all other participants!
- * Team Trophy for Top Three Schools in each Section. * To qualify as a ‘school team’ for any given section; a school must have a minimum of 2 players for that section. There must be a minimum of 2 schools competing in a section to earn the prize for that section. Top 3 individual scores in a section count towards the school team’s score for that section.
Chess sets will be provided. Please bring your chess clock if you have one.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Swiss System. All Sections are Rated. Sections may be combined.
USCF membership is mandatory. Membership sign-up is available onsite.
- Onsite registrations: 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Announcements and Player Check-In: 12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Rounds begin at 12:30 p.m.
- K-1 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- 2-4 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- 5-8 Open Section: 12:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; Game 25; 5 sec delay
- Challengers K-12; Minimum Rating 700: 12:30 p.m – 5:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 6:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; Game 55; 5 sec delay
- Championship K-12; Minimum Rating 1000: 12:30 p.m – 5:00 p.m; Awards Ceremony 6:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; Game 55; 5 sec delay
Contact/Tournament Organizer: Beatriz Marinello; Email: INFO@chesseducators.com; Phone: 917-553-4522
- $40 if received by Feb. 12, 2017; $50 if received between Feb. 13 – March 11, 2017 until 8pm day before the tournament.
- $60 On Site Registration (Closes 15 min, before the start of Round 1)
Registration & Payment:
For More Information Contact: Beatriz Marinello (917)553-4522 or INFO@Chesseducators.com
For more information about The Epiphany School please visit www.theepiphanyschool.org.