Attention Participants of the 2008 Pan American Continental Championship (U.S. Citizens)
As you all know the 2008 Pan American Continental Championship will be in full swing come Election Day November 4th, 2008 !
We are providing the following information in order to make your voting process easier.
Haven’t registered to vote yet? We have included links to the Voter Registration forms in English and Spanish at the end of this post….
Registering to Vote and Voting
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
* unavoidably absent from your county on Election Day;
* unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability;
* a patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital;
* detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony;
How to Vote by Absentee Ballot
* Applications for Absentee Ballots are available at your county board of elections.
* You may also download a PDF version of the Absentee Ballot Application Form.
*Click here for a list of U.S. States – Absentee Ballot (for Citizens in the United States) , then click your state for additional information and to download the Absentee form for that state.
* Upon completion, applications must be mailed to your county board no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election.
* You may also request an Absentee Ballot by sending a letter to your county board of elections. The letter must be received by your county board no earlier than 30 days and no later than seven days before the election.
The letter must contain the following information:
o the address where you are registered
o an address where the ballot is to be sent
o the reason for the request, and
o the signature of the voter
An application form will be mailed with your ballot. The application form must be completed and returned with your ballot.
If you cannot pick up your ballot, or will not be able to receive it through the mail, you have the right to designate someone to pick it up for you. Only that person designated on your application may pick up and deliver your ballot.