Garden School Hosts Chess Tournament
Please Note: This tournament has been rescheduled.
The New Date is June 5, 2016; 1:30-6pm. Please mark your calendars!
Rounds begin at 1:30 pm. Onsite Registrations from 1pm-1:20pm
Open to All Players from *K – 8th Grade
Parent supervision is required.
INDIVIDUAL TROPHIES FOR ALL PLAYERS! CHESS RAFFLE!
*TEAM AWARDS FOR TOP THREE SCHOOLS IN EACH SECTION.
*Minimum 2 players from the same school – Top 3 individual scores count towards the team’s score. Sections changed.
Garden School (School Gym)
33-16 79th Street; Jackson Heights, NY 11372. (Queens)
All sections are rated and USCF membership is required. Membership sign-up available onsite or at uschess.org.
Chess Sets will be provided. Don’t forget to bring your chess clock if you have one!
SWISS System. Note: Sections may be combined.
- K – 1 Section: 3 Rounds; 1:30pm – 4:30pm; Game 30; 0 Time Delay; Awards at 4:45 PM (Rated).
- Grades 2-3 Section: 4 Rounds; 1:30pm – 5:30pm ; Game 30; 0 Time Delay; Awards at 5:45PM (Rated).
- Grades 4-8 Section: 4 Rounds; 1:30pm-5:30pm ; Game 30; 0 Time Delay; Awards at 5:45 PM (Rated)
Chess Educators Contact/Tournament Organizer: Beatriz Marinello; Email: email@example.com; Phone: 917-553-4522
- $35 if received by May 1, 2016.
- $40 if received May 2 – June 5, 2016.
Registration & Payment:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Garden School Chess Tournament Flyer for June 5, 2016 (PDF)
- By Mail: Make Check Payable to Chess Educators and mail with your registration form to Chess Educators P.O. Box 160 New York, NY 10028.
- Note: Deadlines apply to early registration rates. Please allow plenty of time for mailed entries.
For more information about Garden School please visit www.gardenschool.org