Epiphany Fall Chess Tournament
The Epiphany School
Sunday Dec. 3, 2017
12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: 141 East 28th Street New York, NY 10016. Located on 28th Street, between 3rd Avenue and Lexington. (Upper School Campus – Gym)
Open to ALL SCHOOLS
ALL Chess Players Grades K – 12
Parent supervision is required.
- Trophies for Top 10 players in each Section, with medals to all other participants!
- * Team Trophy for Top Three Schools in each Section. * To qualify as a ‘school team’ for any given section; a school must have a minimum of 2 players for that section. There must be a minimum of 2 schools competing in a section to earn the prize for that section. Top 3 individual scores in a section count towards the school team’s score for that section.
Chess sets will be provided. Please bring your chess clock if you have one.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Swiss System. All Sections are Rated. Sections may be combined.
USCF membership is mandatory. Membership sign-up is available onsite.
- Onsite registrations: 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Announcements and Player Check-In: 11:45 – 12:00 p.m.
- Rounds begin at 12:00 p.m.
- K-1 U600: 12:00 p.m – 4:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/25; 5 sec delay
- K-5 U800: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; G/25; 5 sec delay
- K-8 U1000: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
- K-12 U1400: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
- Over 1400: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
Contact/Tournament Organizer: Beatriz Marinello; Email: INFO@chesseducators.com; Phone: 917-553-4522
- $40 if received by Nov. 21, 2017.
- $50 if received between Nov. 22 – Dec. 2, 2017 until 8pm the day before the tournament.
- $60 On Site Registration (Closes 15 min, before the start of Round 1)
Registration & Payment:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- By Mail: Make Check Payable to Chess Educators and mail with your registration form to Chess Educators P.O. Box 160 New York, NY 10028.
- Note: Deadlines apply to early registration rates. Please allow plenty of time for mailed entries.
If a player withdraws from the tournament by noon on the Friday before the tournament, a refund minus a $20 processing fee will be provided. Alternatively, the registration fee can be transferred to a future tournament, minus a $20 processing fee. Withdrawal requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be issued to players that withdraw after 12:00pm EST the Friday before the event.
For More Information Contact: Beatriz Marinello (917)553-4522 or email@example.com
For more information about The Epiphany School please visit www.theepiphanyschool.org.