We are delighted to announce the organization of the 2nd World Junior Chess Championship for the Disabled. Under the auspices of the World Chess Federation (FIDE), US Chess and the New Jersey Chess Federation. Our main sponsors are the US Chess Trust, KIND and other individual donors and supporters.
This championship will be held in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA from August 8-12, 2018 (Arrival day is August 7 and departing Day August 13).
This is the official invitation to all eligible participants, as approved by the FIDE Commission “Chess for the Disabled” (DIS).
The FIDE World Junior Chess Championship for the Disabled is an event only for disabled chess players who are under 20 years old as of August 7, 2018. Each relevant chess association (IBCA, IPCA, ICCD) regulates the conditions of their participation.
The FIDE World Junior Chess Championship for the Disabled is held as an individual open tournament. The event will provide an special recognition to the top players under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 & 20.
A team may represent a National Federation. All the players of a team must be members of the same federation. National Federations must have at least two players to make a team, although no maximum number of players. The top three scores of team members will count as the team score for championship purposes.
For more detailed information, please review the event’s regulations which can be found on this page, under the “Regulations” tab.
The competition will be played as a 7-round Swiss tournament. USCF Membership is required for USA Players. No half-points byes, only zero-point byes.
Game in 120 minutes, plus a 5 second dealy starting from move 1.
Entry Fees (per player):
Please note: The total entry fee is in USD and includes the FIDE fee of $60 plus the Tournament Entry Fee. The Tournament fee depends on your registration date.
- By May 15: Total Entry Fee $140 USD (FIDE fee $60 USD; Tournament Fee $80)
- By June 15: Total Entry Fee $160 USD (FIDE fee $60; Tournament Fee $100)
- After June 15: Total Entry Fee $180 USD (FIDE fee $60; Tournament Fee $120)
No on-site registration.
- Wednesday, August 8th; Round at 4pm
- Thursday, August 9th; Round at 4pm
- Friday, August 10th, Round at 4pm
- Saturday, August 11th, Rounds at 10am & 3:30pm
- Sunday, August 12th, Rounds at 10am & 3:30pm
Free Master Training Program
Free Master Training Program available August 8-10, from 9am-2pm only for players participating in this event.
Trainers and Directors: Dov Gorman and IO, FIDE Trainer Beatriz Marinello.
- Chief Arbiter: Carol Jarecki, USA
- Chief Organizer: International Organizer, Beatriz Marinello, USA
- Deputy Chief Arbiter: Martha Underwood
- Consultants: GM Thomas Luther, Janelle Losoff and Sean Manross
- Chief Press Officer and Tech Support: Dora Martinez
Organizer, Beatriz Marinello: email@example.com; 1-917-553-4522
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Press Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org