Press Release By Beatriz Marinello Photos Copyright: Dora Martinez FLORIDA (USA) – Raphael Johannes Zimmer from Germany wins the 1st...
Chess Programs, Tournaments, National and International Events
Chess and Education
Learn with us. Improve with us.
Chess Educators is geared towards the promotion of chess and education.
June 27, 2017 Press Release By Dora Leticia Martinez FLORIDA (USA) – On June 27th, 2017 members of the FIDE...
June 25, 2017 Press Release By Thomas Luther Photo Copyright: Dora Leticia Martinez FLORIDA (USA) – Round 3 of the...
June 24, 2017 Press Release By Thomas Luther; Photos Copyright: Dora Martinez FLORIDA (USA) – Round 1 of the FIDE...
Chess Tournaments and Programs
The British International School of New York Fall Chess Tournament
The British International School of New York
Halloween Chess Tournament
Sunday October 29, 2017
12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: 15 Waterside Plaza New York, NY 10010-2612
(BISNY Dining Hall)
Open to ALL SCHOOLS
ALL Chess Players Grades K – 12
Parent supervision is required.
- Trophies for Top 10 players in each Section, with medals to all other participants!
- * Team Trophy for Top Three Schools in each Section. * To qualify as a ‘school team’ for any given section; a school must have a minimum of 2 players for that section. There must be a minimum of 2 schools competing in a section to earn the prize for that section. Top 3 individual scores in a section count towards the school team’s score for that section.
Chess sets will be provided. Please bring your chess clock if you have one.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT: Swiss System. All Sections are Rated. Sections may be combined.
USCF membership is mandatory. Membership sign-up is available onsite.
- Onsite registrations: 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Announcements and Player Check-In: 11:45 – 12:00 p.m.
- Rounds begin at 12:00 p.m.
- K-1 U600: 12:00 p.m – 4:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 4:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/25; 5 sec delay
- K-5 U800: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 4 Rounds; G/25; 5 sec delay
- K-8 U1000: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
- K-12 U1400: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
- Over 1400: 12:00 p.m – 5:30 p.m; Awards Ceremony 5:30 p.m; 3 Rounds; G/40; 5 sec delay
Contact/Tournament Organizer: Beatriz Marinello; Email: INFO@chesseducators.com; Phone: 917-553-4522
- $40 if received by October 1, 2017.
- $50 if received between Oct. 2 – 28, 2017 until 8pm the day before the tournament.
- $60 On Site Registration (Closes 15 min, before the start of Round 1)
Registration & Payment:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- By Mail: Make Check Payable to Chess Educators and mail with your registration form to Chess Educators P.O. Box 160 New York, NY 10028.
- Note: Deadlines apply to early registration rates. Please allow plenty of time for mailed entries.